Les Fils Dreyfus & Cie SA

Les Fils Dreyfus & Cie SA, Banquiers
Aeschenvorstadt 16
CH 4002 Bâle – Switzerland
Tél. +41 61 286 66 66
Fax +41 61 272 24 38
Email: contact@dreyfusbank.ch
Internet: www.dreyfusbank.ch

LES FILS DREYFUS & CIE SA today :

Dreyfus Sons & Cie Ltd, Banquiers, is one of the oldest private banks in Switzerland. The bank is presently run by the sixth generation of the founder's family.
The bank has about 200 employees, most of them working for the company for many years. The head office is in Basel and there are offices in Delémont, Lausanne, Zurich, Lugano and Tel Aviv.

Specialized in managing the assets of private and institutional clients, the bank disposes at the same time of an extensive experience in the field of family organizations, trusts and foundations.

Its activities are focused on preserving the value of the assets entrusted to it over the long term and on achieving sustainable returns. All services are tailored to the individual needs of clients. The bank draws on its 200 years of experience and the most up-to-date knowledge of the financial sector.

With an equity ratio that is a multiple of the statutory requirements, the bank is able to guarantee its independence and long-term future as well as the assets entrusted to the bank.

1813

Being raised in a textile trading family in a village in the upper Alsace region and having spent his apprenticeship years as a trading assistant between the British and French trading empire, as well as a supplier of the French and allied armies, Isaac Dreyfus-Bernheim settles down in Basel and establishes himself as an middleman and shipper of textiles.

1823

Registration of the textiles trading house "Isaac Dreyfus" in the commercial register of Basel.
As the trade in goods goes naturally hand in hand with credit and guarantee services issued in the form of bills of exchange, the management of bills of exchange and the issuing of cash loans evolved into an own line of business.

1849

The sons Léopold, Samuel and Jacques Dreyfus take over the business under the company name of "Les fils d'Isaac Dreyfus"

1850

Focus on loans, mortgages and securities

1860

Opening of a silk ribbon factory in Basel

1863

Holding taken in the Basler Handelsbank, first joint stock bank in Basel

1868

Opening of the bank Banque Dreyfus-Jeydels in Frankfurt by Jacques Dreyfus (it will be dissolved on the eve of the Second World War)

1871

Participation in the Banque de Mulhouse, together with Alsatian industrials and Basel bankers

1872

Board of Directors mandate in the Basler Bankverein

1876

Founding member of the Basel stock exchange

1879

Opening of a stock and securities brokerage in Paris, the Société Brettauer, later N. &. J. Dreyfus & Cie

1892

Three cousins of the third generation, Isaac A. Dreyfus-Strauss, Benoit A. Dreyfus-Brettauer and Jules Dreyfus-Brodsky, lead the limited partnership "Les Fils Dreyfus & Cie"

1896

Holding company Société d'Application Industrielles established in Paris

1901

Representation of Basel banks in the Supervisory Board of Siemens & Halske AG, Berlin

1923

Focus on foreign exchange and international securities trading. Finance agency Strupp & Co established in New York.

1936

Takeover of the Basel office Paul Sauphar & Cie, the Swiss representative office of Lazard Frères, Paris

1942

Conversion into a company limited by shares. Share capital CHF 1 million.

1948

Focus on wealth management and foreign exchange trading. Share capital increased to CHF 2 million.

1973

Dr. Hans Guth-Dreyfus, president of the family business and representative of the fifth generation, becomes president of the Basel Exchange Chamber

1989

Change of company name in "Dreyfus Sons & Cie Ltd, Banquiers"

1990

30% stake hold by Lazard Brothers & Co. Ltd., London

1995

Andreas Guth, representing the sixth generation, participates in the creation of SIX Swiss Exchange after the merger of the stock exchanges in Geneva, Basel and Zurich, and becomes a member of the Board of Directors of SIX.

1998

Share capital increased to CHF 30 million

2005

100% of the stock once again owned by the founding family

2011

Offices opened in Lausanne and Delémont

2013

Offices opened in Zurich and Lugano

2014

Office opened in Tel Aviv